"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Friday, January 30, 2009

Toile In A Days Work

The walls in this dining room had a very thick Japanese toile paper on it. The colors and design were terrible and it had glitter embedded in the paper. It also had a plastic feel to it. Really, it was a mess, probably circa 1960. I wasn't about to try and remove it so I painted over it with cream colored latex paint which worked swimmingly - much like a blank canvas. I then decided to paint my own toile mural with acrylic paints. I soon forgot about patterns and instead had fields, mountains, valleys, houses, a church and volcanoes. Ha! The volcano was for my son who thinks the Yellowstone super volcano is going to erupt any day now.

This is a built-in corner cabinet where I keep blue and white pottery and china. You can see it better if you click on it.


Of course, I got paint on the moulding so now, I have to repaint all of that, floor to ceiling. That will just have to wait until I finish painting three more wall murals. I think it would have been easier to buy a few rolls of wallpaper, don't you?















4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed.
    You did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I couldn't even imagine taking on that project !
    What a talented artist you are, it's a lovely scene, one I'm sure seems to change, with each time you add a little more detail....
    If you want to practice, you can have my dining room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just gorgeous. you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These murals are even more amazing in real life....just beautifully detailed. Donna, you are one talented gal!

    ReplyDelete

Someone said comments are the heartbeat of blogs. I love to read your comments and learn so much from every one of you. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.