"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scones


I had this Garvey's scone mix that I picked up from Williams Sonoma. So instead of a recipe, I'll give a product review. I added some lemon zest and blueberries to the mix. They were pretty tasty. I used a small biscuit cutter so they are dainty. I thought they would rise more than they did, but that could have been the way I rolled them out. So, I'd give them a B. I like my scones round with lots of soft center instead of triangular and crusty. I have a Scottish Oat Scones recipe I'll share another time that is to die for. The little basket container with the blue checkered paper contains a knob of butter. I bought it at the Dragonmoon Tea Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Isn't it the cutest?

2 comments:

Daisy said...

The Dragon Moon Tea Room is charming...such darling items to buy, and a great place to lunch with a friend. This picture is lovely. They are having high tea on Valentines Day...reservations are required.

The Prodigal Tourist said...

I'm definitely going to make scones this weekend now! The whole family thanks you...