"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, March 9, 2009

Flea Market Find

I found this large oil painting this past weekend at the flea market. It's probably from the 40's or 50's as it does have a little crackling. It also needs a good cleaning. I have had several barn paintings and they differ depending on what part of the country they come from. I liked the overall green tones of this one and it was larger than most. I don't even know where I will hang it - the mark of a hopeless collector. I needed this like I need another hole in my head. Just thought I'd share it with you.

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

A wonderful piece...
I love barns, especailly old ones. Sometimes I just sit paintings on top of high pieces of furniture, standing independent.
I need to get to the flea markets, more often ;)

Jill of All Trades said...

That is very cool. I like it. I love barn pictures/paintings too. I just like old barns. They speak to me.

CocoDivaDog said...

Hullo!
I found you at Willow's re: a ghost story.
Hope you will join us Friday 13th & share a ghost story. Check it out at http://intheyearofthedog.blogspot.com/
Regards,
Dog Girl

CocoDivaDog said...

PS
Gorgeous blog.
I've never been inside a barn, but we do have some feral cats here in the Bronx.

donna baker said...

Auntie, I certainly will be there Friday. I'll look up that ghost story too.