"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, May 7, 2009

CUBISM


I love this oil painting on canvas board of a rooster overseeing his hens eating scratch. It is an older piece; Picassoesque if you will and I think they had to have drawn this out before painting because it would have been too complex to paint otherwise. I never used to like 'modern art', but have become a big fan in the past few years.If you click on the painting, you can see the signature and date. Does anyone know if I made a great buy; enough to sell the farm and get a facelift, boob job (from a DD down to an A cup) and a tummy tuck? OR, maybe meet and take all my bloggy friends on a trip around the world? And then when we get back, have enough left to start an animal sanctuary and zoo? My life would be complete.

4 comments:

CocoDivaDog said...

Hey Girl,
Love your photos on the side bar.
I collect rooster items.
My Boy Friend is cheeky when he says I am hooked on the cock! LOL

trash talk said...

I love Picasso and I love this painting. Have you done any research on the artist? I keep dreaming of finding something by some little known artist that is worth a fortune! A girl can dream can't she?
Debbie

Cindy said...

Looks like you solved your problem with uploading photos. Yeah! I like this painting. I have a few rooster & hen prints and figurines, of course!

Jill of All Trades said...

Yes, I'm tired of the rain too. I'm so ready for some sun and warmth. Can't decide if I want the heat or A/C.