"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Merci Beaucoup!

I've really gotten into French Country furniture/decorating lately. Back in my day, they called it French Provincial. I guess I like it because they love the painted furniture thing with distressed surfaces and the colors are great. There is a store in Tulsa that has a lot of dealers of French stuff. I think they have it shipped over the pond in crates. Therefore, the prices are a bit stifling (which means I can't afford it.) Since I'm a bird nut, I love this grouping of old prints. This is only about half the wall as my camera couldn't get the other half.

Though the setting is way too formal for my tastes, I did love this chair.

I also love this settee, minus the chair pillows and pad.

The scale of the furniture pieces are massive. I would love to pull out all these textiles and look at them, but then, I'd have to run. The ones that I like were too expensive. Isn't $330. a lot for a full/queen bedspread? Maybe, I'm just cheap.

Another massive piece of furniture, with very expensive french pottery. I can't remember the name on them, but they must have been made with diamond dust. I don't know why the pic is leaning. I must have been standing on one foot.

Finally, I covet these chairs; I can't tell you how badly I want them. They look antique. The splats look hand carved and the checked pillows are filled with down. These chairs are slightly over sized and you sink in them. No, I don't really have a place for them but I'll find one. The price is high but maybe I can talk her down, though I'm sure they would still be too high. I don't understand me sometimes. On the one hand, I think I have to start getting rid of stuff and then I'll spy something like these chairs.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are too expensive and not that earth shattering! Trust your favorite daughter and spend the money on a car!

trash talk said...

As we say here in Texas...tray sheek! Do you LOVE them? If not, wait. I usually end up finding a similar item for a lot less...don't know why, but I always do and you will too!
Debbie

CocoDivaDog said...

You have such a good eye and great taste!
I wish I had your talent.
Love that chair with the blue on yellow.