"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, August 31, 2009

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'

During my California trip, we ventured north of San Diego to a community called Del Mar. Neat town!!! While there, we went to some gardens, the name of which I can't remember. Something Maharishi yogi Life Outreach temple that almost slid down the cliff and had to be dismantled and moved, but the gardens are still there. Anyway, I found these beautiful water gardens, with koi as long as your arm. Some enlightened guy glided over (now, I don't know where that came from, somewhere out of my head, I like Buddhists and all religions. So now I am blogging to myself? Is that like talking to myself? Oh no). Seriously, back to the glider, he said the big orange girl is Tangee.



The stuff that grows out there is amazing. So too were the gardens. I wish I could have taken more shots but the camera wasn't working well.












There was groundcover everywhere. The ones I like best looked like little green stars - little one inch stars completely covering the ground. Very pretty. This place has been here a long time as the plantings were huge. And, very well tended I might add.




This was the cliff edge where the temple almost slid off. There were beautiful carved marble benches to sit and ponder... om...










This is a beach in LaJolla. Lots of caves, dolphins, divers and beach people. Also, large birds nesting among the rocks.







Hopefully, soon I'll be able to show you a few pics of the wedding and the beautiful couple.














2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a gorgeous place...
The gardens, the koi, the ocean, just all so relaxing, you were very lucky to have traveled there.
I've never seen the Pacific Ocean, maybe one day.
Thanks for the liitle trip !

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

Such beautiful photos. I love Del Mar - haven't been there in a couple of years. Your photos make me want to take a trip back.