"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sometimes Your The Windshield, Sometimes Your The Bug

What started out as a bucolic spring afternoon, progressed with me upended in chicken shit and broken eggs at the barn. I'd collected the eggs and looked around the hay bales for some stragglers who like to try and trick me and hide their eggs in the goose's nest. I climbed and raided said nest, then began to descend and got snared by fence wire used to hold the hay bales together. As I flew chickenlike through the air, the eggs went flying and my feelings were hurt, not to mention my neck has a crook in it now. So no eggy recipe today. Hope I can turn my head tomorrow. Got to plant the rest of my strawberries. Happy birthday to my dear friend Mary Kay. She's the best egg of all.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry you "flew chickenlike through the air" and I hope your neck feels better.

Also, I hope that your egg production goes up. Looking forward to seeing some of your egg recipes.

Take care!

Tess Kincaid said...

Sorry to hear about your little airborne eggy experience. Hope the crook clears up soon! xx

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Donna !
What am I going to do with you lady ?
OK confession to make first, I laughed when reading this, sorry.
I had this image in my head of you flying through the air, juggling your eggs, and all the hens cackling.
{cough}
Ok apologise, hope your neck straightens up, and try and do better with the recipe tomorrow OK ?
Eggxatly !