"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, October 10, 2011

Cipher This!


As is often the case, I have to figure how to do things myself.  Frustrating, yes.  Knitting, painting, sculpting, sewing, carving, writing, cooking/baking...I would much rather have someone show me how.  It would save much trial and error, research, etc. I want to make my own cipher to use on my prints/artworks.  After several hours of attempting the smallest of workings and carvings, I had to drive to the city/crafts store yet again, for more supplies and another third attempt. I am the poster child for learning from mistakes.  I know I'll finally get one, but this journey is not more fun than the destination.

4 comments:

trash talk said...

At least you're willing to try...and learn. Now I've got to go google cipher! LOL
Deb

Dixie said...

looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

blessings. Dixie

Kirsten Steen said...

I am also not clear on 'cipering' (can it be a verb?!). ;~> Guess I'll have to look it up too. But somehow I have the feeling you will not stop until you succeed. Best wishes on the venture. Do send photos!
xoxo~Kirsten

Blue Muse said...

Donna, you are so amazing. You'll get it, and we'll all be in awe of the results. I'm cheering you on!
xo isa