"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chicken Art


I love this modern art oil painting.  I got it years ago at a flea market.  Signed by North in 1957, I find it amazing though obviously not professionally done.  From the oval shape in the center to the diamond shaped ground and seeds; the composition intrigues me.  It was probably done as a class study.  I would love to take classes in modern art. My brain would rail against it, but oh, what fun.

1 comment:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I have lately been obsessed with chickens.
Several friends have backyard flocks and I've been showered all summer with fresh eggs. Not much better on earth!
Sadly, Edward vetoes a flock in our garden.
Lovely painting!!