"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gee Thanks!



I'm not high maintenance.  Yes, I dream of a Van Cleef and Arpels Alhambra necklace and Birkin bags, a Stella McCartney blouse.  Dream mind you.  I'm too cheap.  I am a little fussy (oc) about small things though.  My closet hangers are one of those small things. I like nice hangers, thin with suede covering in a certain color.  My housekeeper fished an armload of these ghastly old, dusty things out of a dumpster at a retirement home and brought them to me as she decided I needed them.  Mind you, she would be very insulted and hurt if I told her I didn't want them.  I grit my teeth every time I see them.  I am going to draw the line at crocheted kleenex box holders and toilet paper covers.  Wouldn't they make a perfect dirty Santa gift? The hangers are going to slowly disappear.

4 comments:

The Swan said...

They appear homemade...perhaps your devoted housekeeper had someone make them as a gift for you, but feeling inadequate to your level of style she therefore hid behind the old LOOK WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BE IN THE TRASH storyline, like Huguette Clark's Renoir FOUND in the trash of her building - obviously by someone connected to the poor woman...it now hangs in the Nelson Atkins Museum.

Thank you for the comment on LITTLE AUGURY...it is a compliment coming from you!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Lol....
At least she thought of you, I like the soft cushiony ones that hold nice silky nightdresses, they're cheap too :)
~Jo

It's Just Dottie said...

I remember those hangers.I made
some like them. I think I was in third grade. They were still in my grandmothers closet until I was grown. I am all
about the small things too.

Smiles,Dottie

Kirsten Steen said...

I've never liked covered hangers. I don't seem to care what's covering them, even those cutesy silk ones for babies clothes. I don't mind colored ones as sometimes color coordinating the closet can be fun. These might be useful for something... in the barn? ;~)