"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Horse Slaughter



Oklahoma (and the UDSA) are getting ready to pass laws for horse slaughter.  I called my congressmen and their lame excuse was that it was humane for all the poor abandoned horses.  Horseshit!  Many stand to profit off the backs of horses or they wouldn't be doing it.  Go after the losers that have abandoned them. Nevertheless, they told me it was going to happen.  Makes me sick. Please call your state and federal legislators and tell them no.  Many voices will be heard. It is the only way we're going to stop this.  Time is of the essence.

Gracie thinks this is unconscionable too and the Humane Society agrees. The Humane Society said 90% of all horses sent to slaughter are healthy.  The ASPCA says horse slaughter is horribly cruel. 

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

After reading about the horsemeat scandal in Europe and Great Britain, I was furious, and now this !
I shall be calling and giving them my two cents worth.
~Jo

jerilanders said...

Pretty creepy, as much as those who abandon horses when they tire of them. Why not let the old horse live out the remainder of it's life on the pasture?!Just sick!

donna baker said...

Thank you Jo. It's going to take an army of us to save the horses. They really couldn't have cared less about my two cents worth. Pretty much told me it was a done deal. But if we all call the politicians, it can make a difference.
Jeri, I know you and Jo are both animal lovers too and we all have to fight for animal rights in whatever way we can.

Willow said...

Oh Donna, I know this is an awful thing and very inhumane, horses have served mankind in so many valiant ways and this is what we give back to them, outraged!

Dixie said...

Donna
I couldn't agree with you more. They should go after the owners of the abandoned and neglected horses. There are just too many of them. Dixie