"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Statuary


I love statuary.  When is too much too much?  I have many pieces.  I just love it. Martha doesn't like it in the garden.  I love it everywhere; tucked into crooks/holes in trees, under plants, in the field and gardens, porches...  I wish I could wax poetic about them like Keats.


Though not statuary, I once placed a child's china tea set in the hollow of a giant oak tree, in hopes that a child in the future finds it.


This little satyr holding a bunny is my most recent purchase.  It was just too cute to pass up.




'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,' - that is all Ye know
on earth, and all Ye need to know.
Ode On A Grecian Urn by Keats

7 comments:

Cindy said...

He is TOO cute. I would have brought him home also!

jerilanders said...

I'm with you, I love it everywhere! I move mine around from place to place until it eventually finds a permanent garden home. Your cast iron fence is fabulous!

La Table De Nana said...

I think if something brings us pleasure,then why deprive ourselves of it just because it's not someone elses' cup of tea:)
Love the tea set idea!
I have some too :)

Don't know why I don't get your posts:(..

Cobalt Violet said...

These are wonderful! I do a lot of fantasizing on Pinterest about my "someday garden."
Love that first shot!!!

gésbi said...

A sweet little fellow he is!

gésbi said...

A sweet little fellow he is!

Kirsten Steen said...

Never too much...and love the image of the child's tea set in the oak.