"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Statuary


I love statuary.  When is too much too much?  I have many pieces.  I just love it. Martha doesn't like it in the garden.  I love it everywhere; tucked into crooks/holes in trees, under plants, in the field and gardens, porches...  I wish I could wax poetic about them like Keats.


Though not statuary, I once placed a child's china tea set in the hollow of a giant oak tree, in hopes that a child in the future finds it.


This little satyr holding a bunny is my most recent purchase.  It was just too cute to pass up.




'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,' - that is all Ye know
on earth, and all Ye need to know.
Ode On A Grecian Urn by Keats

7 comments:

  1. He is TOO cute. I would have brought him home also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I love it everywhere! I move mine around from place to place until it eventually finds a permanent garden home. Your cast iron fence is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if something brings us pleasure,then why deprive ourselves of it just because it's not someone elses' cup of tea:)
    Love the tea set idea!
    I have some too :)

    Don't know why I don't get your posts:(..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I do a lot of fantasizing on Pinterest about my "someday garden."
    Love that first shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never too much...and love the image of the child's tea set in the oak.

    ReplyDelete

Someone said comments are the heartbeat of blogs. I love to read your comments and learn so much from every one of you. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.