"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pretty Thing


How is this for a post on a winter's day?  Such a pretty, silly thing.  I carried it to dine in Paris.  Small, though it came in a larger size, it was big enough to carry keys, cell phone, credit cards and a lipstick, perhaps an errant piece of silverware if one collected that sort of thing (and no, I don't, though Barbara Walters does when she visits the White House.)  


Can you imagine how long it took to make all those teeny ribbon roses?  Pretty, yes.  Silly, because with a wonderful, beloved country slaughtering dolphins and whales, well, it seems like such a paltry, silly thing.  Go Caroline!

9 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Donna - love this pretty silly thing. Sometimes we need those silly things to make us smile and you made me do that when I read this post! Take care and have a lovely day.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It's a sweet piece of craftsmanship, perfect for that on the town especially in Paris !
My heart aches for those Dolphins, why are folks so cruel .....
~Jo

La Table De Nana said...

I love your pretty little thing..I smiled as soon as I saw the pic..Will you go back to Paris soon?
Love.
I have a few..not many.. that are dear to me:)

I can't bear to watch news like that:(

zacher.bay said...

Perfectly appropriate for dining out in Paris, although I've never been. It's the kind of purse you use once in a blue moon, and yours, over Paris, Lucky you! Jeri Landers ( on Hubbys computer)

Divine Theatre said...

I know how you feel about participating in seemingly trite activities while so many are suffering. I feel the same way
However, you never know how much just the mere mention of their plight can help motivate change. Just ONE person with the right connections can set a tide of change in motion.
The bag is lovely and it makes me smile. WE all need things that make us smile.

xo

Andie

trash talk said...

The handbag? A pretty little thing. The world? Not so much.
Deb

It's Just Dottie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
It's Just Dottie said...

Oh! I want that handbag and I want to dine in Paris.!!!
You always make me smile,but today maybe a little jealous.
Dottie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I'm with Dottie here....to carry around such a tote in PARIS? But of course! Style only when you dine there! Donna dear, thank you for coming to visit! BIG HUGS!