"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pretty Thing


How is this for a post on a winter's day?  Such a pretty, silly thing.  I carried it to dine in Paris.  Small, though it came in a larger size, it was big enough to carry keys, cell phone, credit cards and a lipstick, perhaps an errant piece of silverware if one collected that sort of thing (and no, I don't, though Barbara Walters does when she visits the White House.)  


Can you imagine how long it took to make all those teeny ribbon roses?  Pretty, yes.  Silly, because with a wonderful, beloved country slaughtering dolphins and whales, well, it seems like such a paltry, silly thing.  Go Caroline!

9 comments:

  1. Donna - love this pretty silly thing. Sometimes we need those silly things to make us smile and you made me do that when I read this post! Take care and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sweet piece of craftsmanship, perfect for that on the town especially in Paris !
    My heart aches for those Dolphins, why are folks so cruel .....
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty little thing..I smiled as soon as I saw the pic..Will you go back to Paris soon?
    Love.
    I have a few..not many.. that are dear to me:)

    I can't bear to watch news like that:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly appropriate for dining out in Paris, although I've never been. It's the kind of purse you use once in a blue moon, and yours, over Paris, Lucky you! Jeri Landers ( on Hubbys computer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about participating in seemingly trite activities while so many are suffering. I feel the same way
    However, you never know how much just the mere mention of their plight can help motivate change. Just ONE person with the right connections can set a tide of change in motion.
    The bag is lovely and it makes me smile. WE all need things that make us smile.

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The handbag? A pretty little thing. The world? Not so much.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I want that handbag and I want to dine in Paris.!!!
    You always make me smile,but today maybe a little jealous.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Dottie here....to carry around such a tote in PARIS? But of course! Style only when you dine there! Donna dear, thank you for coming to visit! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Someone said comments are the heartbeat of blogs. I love to read your comments and learn so much from every one of you. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.