"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Train Travel

 Just a thought beginning to form in my brain.  Haven't even discussed it but with one of my peeps.  The Orient Express is now back and running from Paris to Istanbul.  I've always dreamed of seeing Istanbul and on the Orient Express.... well, what a trip that would be.  I don't think they'll want us wearing our flip flops though.  Oh well, I guess we can carry them in our bags.




5 comments:

  1. Saw Carol's post:)
    You have the adventurer in you too!
    Fabulous to have that nature..
    I'll be watching:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique, wouldn't it have been grand to travel back in the days with spies, literati and royalty> Like I said, they won't be happy if we wear our flip flops and I won't be taking formals either.

      Delete
    2. My own dream of how I'll go to Heaven. I've LOVED trains all my life, and went to sleep for the first twenty years, and NOW for the past twenty, to the sound of trains in the night.

      Perhaps you'd enjoy this snip if you haven't seen it. The whole thing aired on PBS last year.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc2UQofecso&list=PL922F60F4A1D224B9

      Parts are in Norwegian, as are all the rest of the clips I could find...there are five parts, which are with this one.

      rachel

      Delete
    3. Rachel, that is the sweetest thing. I don't think I'd know how to do likewise. I've ridden on a train from OK to IA when I was five hold Dandy, our parakeet. The worst train ride was an overnight from Rome to Nice. I was soaked from a 200 year rain storm and on the bottom bunk. Felt every clank and every sound and was nauseous the entire night. I'll never ride on the bottom bunk again. My daughters said they slept well. We did ride through Switzerland, but only saw one hillside village as we were rocked to sleep until Italy.

      Delete
  2. Oh how I would love to ride a train from Paris to Istanbul, especially the Orient Express! I would love to go back in time just to do such a thing, what an incredible adventure. Now wouldn't it be fabulous if the train is restored to it's original elegance.

    ReplyDelete

Someone said comments are the heartbeat of blogs. I love to read your comments and learn so much from every one of you. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.