"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Never Say Never


Never again!  I swear if I ever even think about stripping a piece of furniture, I'm going to remember this chair and ottoman.   I've stripped furniture before and each time I tell myself I'll never do it again.  
This chair is large and so comfortable.  It was painted with layers of silver, gold and bronze with some kind of horrible faux finish.  The material was a white chenille kind of fabric.  I thought I'd just paint it a different color, but couldn't think of one.  Sooooooooo, I decided it wouldn't take that much to strip.  I did not count on all the different surfaces, but two and a half weeks later, I found a light maple underneath the paint. 
I should have just painted it a lacquered finish, but it turned out fine, though I am already wishing I had used a different fabric. I did my best, but never again!



5 comments:

Sara Louise said...

It looks like your hard work paid off! It's lovely :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ooh it looks gorgeous. I love the plaid and color you've chosen.
I see lots of sitting in your future :)
~Jo

Amanda Summer said...

The finished product looks amazing! Wondering if all those paint fumes were a bother?

La Table De Nana said...

Great job!
I don't think I have it in me anymore!

jerilanders said...

But the chair DOES look great!