"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Crafting Redux


As I mentioned in a previous post about a book I bought about Crafting With Cat Hair, I found some more ideas about making things with your pets' hair.  There is a France based business, Dog Wool, that will make items of clothing from your dogs hair. I love it - don't find it repulsive at all.


This necklace is from an etsy seller, Flora Davis, that will make jewelry from your cats' hair.  
A quote from an instruction book says it best, "Better a sweater from a dog you love than from a sheep you'll never meet."  

12 comments:

helen tilston said...

I love it. Both the cardigan and necklace are beautiful designs
Helen

Terra said...

The sweater is fabulous and how clearly it derives from the dog.

Debbie Nolan said...

Donna - I have often wondered why we couldn't use our beloved pets hair and now thanks to you I know I can...with four kitties and two dogs I should certainly come up with something. Heck if I just pull it off my clothes, couch, bed I bet I'd have enough for several sweaters (LOL)! These are beautiful...love that cardigan...looks so warm. Have a great week-end.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I LOVE THAT QUOTE! And how true...are there people who would find this repulsive? Maybe...but it's beautiful! Lovely idea!

Donna, thank you for coming to visit, and yes, aqua is my favorite color too. I know! Anita

jerilanders said...

I think it's a wonderful idea. I've been saving fur from our dogs to use for felting and hope to make a nice warm hat for the winter. Thank you Donna for your kind comments regarding my"lost and then found" dog. What a roller coaster ride these animals take us on! I am praying for the best outcome for your little "Sister" and her upcoming vet visit. Jeri

donna baker said...

I am so glad my blogging friends are like-minded about using your pets' hair as yarn/crafts. I'll be posting the outcomes of my feeble attempts in the future.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting! Beautiful pet's as always! Thank you for sharing!
Interior Design Idea

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

Great idea! I'll pass this along to my daughter. She has a Great Pyrenees. Perfect for making sweaters!

La Table De Nana said...

Looking forward to seeing your designs Donna!

Simply Shelley said...

Interesting, and just another great way to recycle. I love the quote. Blessings

Kirsten Steen said...

Ok, I need that crafting with cat hair book! My cat has so much I could really go for a use for it. I tried to give big tufts to the birds for nesting but...they didn't want it. Surprise!

donna baker said...

Kirsten, I bought it out of Victoria catalog. It is also on Amazon.