"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Nouvelle Vague - Dance With Me


I love finding new music; I think it is one of my favorite things about blogging.  I saw this on another blog, tavarua-thetraveler.blogspot.com, then couldn't find it again with a prompt that said, sorry, this page doesn't exist or something like that.  Does that ever happen to you?  So, I did some research and found out that the group is Nouvelle Vague (New Wave), a french group that uses different singers.  Love their sound.  This song is from an album they did which reminds me of the bossa nova and Astrud Gilberto, whom I love.  Love this video too.  And, dear friends, a most happy new year to you.

12 comments:

ruma said...

Hello, donna baker.

Happy New Year. I wish your best.

I dedicate a lot of thanks for your support.

Warm Greeting
From Japan, ruma ❃

jerilanders said...

That was just plain fun! I loved it too, wishing you much happiness and delight in the New Year! Jeri

gésbi said...

Good fun - that's the way to start the year right!
I just saw Claude Brasseur (who is in the argile sweater in this film clip) at the theater in a marvelous play, "La colère du tigre," about the friendship between Claude Monet and Georges Clémenceau. He is still a powerful acteur and almost as much a monument as the man Clémenceau he played.
Happy new year, Donna!

donna baker said...

And to you too sweet Jeri.

donna baker said...

And my deepest bow to you Ruma.

donna baker said...

Wondered who he was. From a Truffaut film I think. Happiest New Year to you also Gesbi.

La Table De Nana said...

I love this!And love finding new music also..This is quite retro..so engaging..I found the blog I think you mentioned..
The man to the right is quite perfect...like a model..she's so sweet..I dressed like that one year:)

donna baker said...

Monique, I thought it was so sweet plus I loved the song (could have done without the bondage line) but I loved her voice and the music. I should have tried to link to Tavaru website as he/she seems to travel the world, but posts very little.

Amanda Summer said...

Donna, I love the way you find these videos and share them. This one is a treasure, and I think you know it was thanks to your posting Pharrel's video that I found the song "Happy" which became the centerpiece dance of my daughter's wedding.

Thanks for sharing your superbly curated finds with us xoxo

donna baker said...

Dear Amanda, your blog is in my top five and I learn so much from it and enjoy it so. Wish you had more time to post, but I know then you wouldn't have time for all that you do. This video just made me smile.

latabledenana said...

I never noticed the bondage line..must Google what it really means..a line in the song or in their formation of a line?
Lost in translation here I think..
No need to link..I listened to the other 2 songs and liked also..I like a lot of things:-)

Cobalt Violet said...

Love this!
I will have to download the Song.
I have a song from years ago by Nouvelle Vague ... a remake of Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself. Love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j-ipGFcko
:)