"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Penny Lane Is One


Here is my sweet little Penny Lane at one.  Just had to let you see how big she is now.  So sweet, but shy and here is a little quirk.  She doesn't want her hands touched.  She went to the doctor for her one year old checkup today and got six shots and they pricked her finger to draw pipettes of blood.  As you can imagine, it freaked her out.  We joked that we hope it didn't traumatize her.  Sweetest baby ever.  I've said repeatedly, that we need to name her Smiley because she smiles all the time.

If you notice, no sock and shoes.  We can't keep them on her.  


We went out to a restaurant last night and out of twenty pictures, this is the only one I could get before she turned her head or looked around.  It is nearly impossible to get a shot of her.  Maybe when she is sleeping. You can't see the little pink bandaid she's holding up on her finger.  Her Daddy frets that she is growing up too fast.  Wants to keep her just like this forever.  They love her so.  

22 comments:

jerilanders said...

She's just so hug-gable, bet you can't stop, what a dolly! About your post below; I never watch the Grammys, and pay little attention to Gaga, but just yesterday my husband showed me the Youtube video of her singing the national anthem at the superbowl and I was so impressed with her voice and the whole scene.

angryparsnip said...

Such a sweetheart, so adorable.

cheers, parsnip

Joanne Noragon said...

Look at that hair! And eyes to match! You got a good 'un.

Elephant's Child said...

She is an absolute honey.
But you know that.

donna baker said...

I didn't see that Jeri. I don't watch any award shows nor sports. I've just heard bits and pieces and seen an interview or two. I think she'll be a legend. I really do. Penny is a doll.

donna baker said...

Thank you Parsnip. Just have to bear with me.

donna baker said...

She is Joanne. Just the sweetest baby.

donna baker said...

Oh Child, we all adore her. When she smiles, we all smile.

gésbi said...

She is an adorable and big one year old. What a very sweet name! Makes the song go off in my head this morning...hmm hmm hmm

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely photograph. Believe me they grow up so quickly - my three are now all in their twenties.

ellen abbott said...

what a cutie. and she knows that socks and shoes aren't made for babies. it's better for their feet and development if they go barefoot. my daughter couldn't keep clothes on her kids. as soon as they hit the house, off everything would come.

donna baker said...

Thank you Gesbi.

donna baker said...

And we know we are keeping pace with them. Love them so.

donna baker said...

I seem to remember a certain grandmother that liked to do the same thing.

Frances said...

A very Happy Birthday to that adorable little Penny Lane. She truly radiates joy!

That birthday portrait certainly captures a day of celebration. xo

donna baker said...

Frances, you said it best. She does truly radiate joy.

La Table De Nana said...

Oh if we could freeze them..they are so cute.. she is so cute..love the ribbon headband w/ plaid shirt and jeans..A fashion diva already:) Poor baby and the needles....you just want to protect them from everything and anything.

Bea said...

-very sweet-looking Penny Lane. -love how the stuffed animals aren't too much smaller than she is.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Donna - Penny Lane is so sweet and cute. I am sure you do not spoil her one bit!! Loved seeing her pictures. Thank you!!

donna baker said...

She doesn't cry often, but they said she let go with the finger prick. She is a cutie. I love it when I don't see her for a while and she sees me. It melts my heart.

donna baker said...

You'll notice Bea, her bigfoot beside her. She's grown into it.

donna baker said...

And thank you dear Debbie.