"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Retirement Income For Tom

This is a picture for Tom across the pond.  I think he will enjoy it.  He posted about shipping containers to let, somewhere in Europe.  I had this picture as a guide for B&B's.  The one on the bottom right has a large orangerie and they even have a goldfish pond.  What's not to love?  Beachside?  Heaven and I bet they'd stay rented out. Must love stair climbing!









16 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

They look too tasteful for my project.

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Looks like a bad set of jenga

donna baker said...

Ha. How about all in galvanized tin siding? Maybe on the beach near a hot volcanic pool in Iceland?

donna baker said...

I think it would be pretty cool in the right place, with walls of windows and all tin siding.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

In 1967, there was an event called Expo '67 which was held in Montreal, Canada. A crazy housing complex was built for it called Habitat 67. Minus the size and the colour, they could be the same thing! (check it out, probably just search for Habitat 67). -Jenn

Joanne Noragon said...

My daughter sent this to me, with a great quip. Too bad I can't remember.

donna baker said...

Wow. Never heard of that. It is quite a conversation piece and with the right siding, design and stairs, who knows, a big money-maker.

donna baker said...

I wish I knew it too. I can remember I posted this long ago and thought it was funny. See above comments.

Bea said...

I'd stay in one of those! I like the idea of being nearby an Orangerie.

Elephant's Child said...

I don't think my legs would let me climb those stairs. Great for those younger and fitter than me though.

The Weaver of Grass said...

That is a nightmare.

Tom Stephenson said...

Or the middle of the Australian outback?

donna baker said...

First time I saw it I laughed, now it sound like a good thing if you could find a locale that would allow it.

donna baker said...

Child, truth be told, I'm staying at the Ritz.

donna baker said...

Pat, that is funny. Wouldn't go in the beauty that is the UK.

La Table De Nana said...

https://www.mtlblog.com/lifestyle/what-a-1000000-apartment-looks-like-in-montreals-habitat-67

Further info:)