"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, September 27, 2018

More Old Recipes


Here are some more of Jeanetta's old recipes.  The thumbnails were so tiny I couldn't tell what order they were in, but here they are. I cannot comment on this post or anyone else's and I hate that because I love talking with all of you.  Hope blogger gets it fixed soon.  Also been trying new headers and can't figure out how to use my google photographs and can't find older ones.  I don't do tech very well.






I didn't forget.  I'll try and get them all posted before the holidays in case you might use one.

13 comments:

Bea said...

I love that her recipes are rated with 'excellent!' & 'good!'. My Dad did the same on both recipe cards and in cookbooks. His notation of 'v. good' was one I would come across often. :)

Debbie Nolan said...

Donna all the recipes look delicious. The last two I am going to make. I think years ago I ate a similar salad that was like your Mom's. So fun to look at those recipes of times gone by. Have a super weekend. Hugs!

Elephant's Child said...

How many of these have you made? And did you agree with her assessments?
These recipes are a treasure.

Michelle said...

Old recipes like this are a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing these.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I just love old hand written family recipes or anyone else's that is

donna baker said...

I have tried some of them, but not the deer meat chili. No like venison.

donna baker said...

So glad you're going to try some as some of them are really good.

donna baker said...

I can't remember Child, but I have made some of them. Yes, some are really good.

donna baker said...

Some are keepers Michelle.

donna baker said...

She was an old lady down the road from our farm at one time. Now I am an old lady.

Out on the prairie said...

Made a nice soup with all in the garden and added some smoked chicken. Today I will puree it and add cream and cheese to finish it off as a different soup.I turned on the heat this morning so my cinnamon rolls would rise nice.Using the Pioneer Women recipe Rea has, a no fail one.

donna baker said...

I love soup when it gets cooler. Got down to 59 the other night. I love cinnamon rolls homemade.

Share my Garden said...

There's such a history in recipes passed down through the family. I love the titles and the assessments in this post! (I've just emailed a recipe request to youngest daughter who is baking for a birthday celebration.) I do like the look of the new header, it goes so well with the recipes.