"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Try to Remember - Hong Kong Parents Choir 2015



September is magic.  Bittersweet.  I think of this song each September.  "Try to remember that time in September when dreams were kept beside your pillow." I love this video.  You need to watch it in full screen to see the parents up close.  We really are more alike.

Who'd have thunk? Faded out blue jeans and white shirts.  So sweet.

12 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Oh that was delightful. Thank you- needed that today :D

La Table De Nana said...

Love this sweet sweet song💙

Joanne Noragon said...

I hope this song is always around. I remember hearing the Brothers Four sing it.

donna baker said...

So glad I could help Suzan.

donna baker said...

I was looking to see who has sung it and did find Josh Groban, but this choir was just so sweet and moving.

donna baker said...

I was searching to see who had recorded it and mainly just the oldies. I was looking for something different - like a cappella or a new remake, but this one moved me.

Elephant's Child said...

Memories so often are bitter-sweet. I am thankful for the sweetness that is/was in my life.

donna baker said...

Then you are truly blessed Child.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Donna I have always loved that song. Yes friend it is always true we are more alike than we realize. Thanks for this lovely post.

donna baker said...

Thank you Deb. I think for some reason, we forget.

Jenny Woolf said...

Lovely. Continue to spread the message we are all alike.

donna baker said...

You are right Jenny. It is so important now more than ever.