"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Comments, Vote and Casserole Recipes


Let us clobber the backward leaning folk today. I have personally been told that I don't love America and therefore should leave it - move away.  Well, I've got a message for you.  Move to Syria or Afghanistan; we don't want you here either.  How'd you like that? Doesn't sit well, does it?

I still, after months, cannot comment on mine, or any others' blogs except for those whom accept anonymous comments.  One would think Google would have fixed this by now.  And something else, I have three people from my own state of Oklahoma, that have made fortunes by blogging.  The Pioneer Woman, The Antiques Diva and Orangette.  We all know others who have also grown successful businesses.  I hope blogging doesn't go the way of the cassette player.  I would so miss it.  Come on Google. Fix the bugs.

Well, skipped a few of the salads and went to casseroles.  I finally had to break down and turn the heat on.  Hard freeze coming.  The leaves are still glorious though.  I stick them in every book I have.  Each one is prettier than the last.  To those of you that haven't heard from me, I am still reading and enjoying your posts.








Well, kind of casseroles.  I might have to skip some of the vegetables too.

17 comments:

Bea said...

I can't imagine folk being so abrasive as to tell you to leave the country, but I believe it. May the midterms go our way. Fingers and toes crossed.

Out on the prairie said...

I have a lot of dried beans and need to make something.I like to wait until it gets cooler, but it has been cold here since last month, I turned on the heat at the start of October, but turned it off a few days.

Anonymous said...

Yes Bea. Anti-American is what was said. I've yet to hear one Republican say they regret voting for Trump. Pathological liar? If that doesn't do it, then racist? How about denigration of women? I can't imagine anyone worse than him.

Anonymous said...

I'll look for more bean recipes for you. I usually just wear socks and use throws, but it has to come on eventually so I decided it was time. Don't you think fall is more beautiful than ever? Your pictures show that.

Elephant's Child said...

As you move to casserole time we are firmly in salad mode.
Sigh on blogger, and hiss and spit at those who suggested you need to move. I have often been told I am unOrstrayan. Tough. I am here, and I am home.

ellen abbott said...

people are such assholes. leave the country indeed. we don't hate the country, we hate this administration. so when Dems get back control, will they leave? one can only hope.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, Child. Spring is my favorite time of the year. I have to have sunshine to thrive and too many days are gray in winter. Tough is a good answer. It is global now. We have to make friends not enemies.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a time like this Ellen.

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Well you know how I feel about things. Are you using safari? If you are, go in and open in another browser like chrome. I use chrome as safari gave me fits. Catch me up girlfriend and I'll tell you my cpap saga lol

oldgreymareprimitives said...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/B4mjaHwPp_s also look at this forum. It may be 3rd party cookie issues. good luck : D

Anonymous said...

Suzan, you are technologically brighter than I am. I've relied on the forums to no avail and I am supposed to use Safari with my mac and iPhone. Don't have another computer to put Chrome on. Deleted cookies three times. I will.

La Table De Nana said...

I cannot utter a word..because I am Canadian..but I hope your dreams come true.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Monique. Me too! We are sick to death of our political climate.

Tom Stephenson said...

Only a little while to go before the results. No need to leave the country.

Anonymous said...

I am afraid to hear the results.

Share my Garden said...

I put lentils and beans into my casseroles regardless of what is mentioned in the various recipes. They always seem to work well.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Fabulous hand written recipes Donna. I have had the only comment as anonymous so I use Firefox and it's fine. XXXX