"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to the garden

My Meyer lemon. It is about three years old and four foot by four foot. I make limoncello from it and it's my pride and joy. I've propagated many cuttings from it and even shared a few with friends. Incredible recipes from my lemons coming in the future. (Just as soon as I figure all this technical stuff out. ) I began gardening with annuals, then vegetables. Perennials became more of a favorite and now I'm really into tropicals. Logee's Tropical Plants (on-line or catalogue) has a wonderful assortment and I've made purchases from them many times. I now have a passion fruit vine, Meyer lemons, Ponderosa lemons, an etrog lemon, Key limes, Persian limes, Naval oranges, Valencia oranges, and an arabica coffee plant. And two Arbequina olives. Also, an 8' tall bay laurel tree I've had for several years and a ruby red grapefruit plant I started from a seed. In zone 7 they can't withstand the winters, so I'll be hauling them up to the barn this weekend. Gardening is a big part of my life and in the future I'll be sharing tips and begging for tips (especially on pests/deer/squirrels etc.)

No comments: