"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wall Shelf

What is this? I know my friend Josephine will know. I bought it several years ago at the Tulsa Flea Market from an English lady. She said she got it out of an English kitchen. It has bent hooks on it and I wonder if it is for hanging game upon though it seems too pretty a piece for that. Or, possibly it was for teacups and tankards. I collect old wooden buckets and did hang a few and also old horse creamers. One still has the label from Woolworth's for 25 cents (wish that I could have purchased it for that). The whatever it is used to have a finial on top so I replaced it with a piece of majolica. That and a wee child's chair. There is also a little railroad lantern with clear and red lights that I got from my friend Maggie. I just love this wall piece; it's one of my favorites.

3 comments:

cheryls fascinatingfinds said...

Love that piece, I have one almost like it. I like hanging dishwowels and enamelware pitchers from it.
Cheryl

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

A friend of mine had one very similar and she used it in her garden for drying herbs and flowers. Love the color.

Daisy said...

Love to see how you have arranged everything!