"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, March 30, 2009

Finally Tulips

Just wanted to show my tulips off this year. Cause it will be the last time. I have battled the deer since they started coming up. The deer would bite the new shoots and rip the bulb from the ground. I would have to stick them back in the hole. So, I covered the entire area around my goldfish pond with a plastic netting. You guessed it. The tulips grew up through the netting which wasn't very pretty when I had to pull the tulips through it and the deer started munching them again. I'd raise the netting. Then, I got some stakes that supposedly irritates the deer's little noses with something or other and they still were noshing. After some granules were scattered around the area, the tulips were finally up. Next year will be all daffodils and narcissus. I've had it.
My dino didn't even scare the deer away.

Here's Boo begging for a tickle. He is a good boy and very vocal; decides he needs to pose for me.


1 comment:

Xi said...

Donna
Your tulips are so beautiful!