What to do with all my citrus. Besides juicing it, I made strawberry lemon marmalade.
Here is a small corner of my greenhouse. Someone please stop me.
This is about 1/4 of all my citrus. I'm afraid I am going to burn out my electric juicer.
Blood oranges, Meyer, Etrog, Ponderosa lemons, and tangerines too.
Finally. Need to get some English muffins as I think they would be perfect for the marmalade.
Strawberry Lemon Marmalade
1 cup thinly sliced lemon peel
2 cups lemon pulp, chopped
4 cups crushed strawberries
1 (1 1/2 oz.) powdered pectin
1 tb. lemon juice
6 cups sugar
1. Place lemon peel and pulp in a pot with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Turn off heat. Cover and let sit for 12 - 18 hours. Drain water.
3. Combine peel and pulp, strawberries, pectin and juice in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
4. Bring to a roiling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
6. Ladle hot marmalade into jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
7. Makes 9 half pints.
I also made a blood orange, lemon and raspberry marmalade. I didn't boil the pulp with the peels this time and I think it made the marmalade a tad too acidic. It's good now though.