"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, December 22, 2014

Food History Jottings: Sucket and See

Food History Jottings: Sucket and See: A selection of 'wet suckets' - citrus fruits preserved in syrup. Clockwise from top left - green orange, lemon, bitter orange and ...

Ivan Day is a food God in my book: I am sure he must cook for the Queen.  I once saw him cooking on PBS. Not only does he make unbelievable concoctions, he has all of the old implements and recipes, and is a walking, talking food encyclopedia.  Based out of Great Britain, he is beyond an inspiration.  
 I just had to show you what he has posted about citron and all the citrus I have been growing these past few years.  I think you'll enjoy his posting and learn as I did.  Hopefully, if you hit on the above, it will link you to his post.  Doesn't get any better than Ivan in the blogosphere.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious, citrus preserved in syrups. Thanks for telling me about Ivan Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic link. Thank you, Donna! Merry Christmas with the little angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this, and I am going to visit him RIGHT NOW! Hi Donna! Thank you for your kind words and visit. May you have an adventurous 2015!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Someone said comments are the heartbeat of blogs. I love to read your comments and learn so much from every one of you. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.