"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, December 18, 2014

HappyHolidays


I have many gifts left to buy and even more to wrap.  I have done no Christmas baking as of yet.  That being said, this year I have decided that some things will just not get done.  The holidays will  not be perfectly decorated nor all of the traditional favorites cooked and the rest that comes with the season.  I am good with it though.  Just hope the family will be as right with it as I am: that to be able to gather together once again really is the best part of the season.  Nevertheless, to my oldest and new friends, have the best of days in the year remaining.

My sweet angels are waiting to see if they are getting gifts (anything) or just switches and coal (probably lots).

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Your angels are very cute! Wishing happy holidays for you and yours!

jerilanders said...

First of all, how happy I am for Sister and you! That is a great Christmas gift. I too, just couldn't get completely with it this Christmas. I managed a bit of decor in one room, but the lovely little tree I brought home still sits atop a table with only the lights strung on it's boughs. It seems silly to decorate it at this late date, I just don't feel like it. So I won't! First time ever, I did not decorate a real tree.

ruma said...



Hello, donna baker.

Lovely smile.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Greeting
From Japan, ruma ❃


donna baker said...

Thank you Cindy and happiest holidays to you and yours.

donna baker said...

Thank you so Jeri. Like I said, it's all good. Happiest of holidays to you dear one.

donna baker said...

Thank you Ruma and to you the happiest of days.

Amanda Summer said...

Donna, I'm so happy to learn your dear pup's surgery was a success - a Christmas blessing indeed :))
Do yourself a favor and just BE during the holidays, don't DO. That's my motto this year. xoxo

Debbie Nolan said...

Now these two angels look like the best. Don't feel bad friend - I am not ready yet either and much will not get done here either but you are so right - just wonderful to gather - I know your friends and family will think so too! Hugs - P.S. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

La Table De Nana said...

Those 2 ..are the best of the holidays.
It's a great pic..funnily enough I have a small string of lights out for this purpose/chance!
Health and happiness to you and yours..critters too😄