"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Friday, September 25, 2009

Italian Fare


Though my photo didn't turn out so well, I wanted to share our dinner from last night. It was really good. I made a ragu with Italian sausage and mushrooms then piled it atop soft polenta. With a side salad that I topped with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette with lemon zest, I thought it was wonderful. My husband asked, "What's that." He doesn't like anything different or new; wondered why I didn't use pasta instead of the polenta. Anyway, I've decided to start making different variations of polenta more often.

7 comments:

  1. Well it looks delicious, I'm afraid I am only good at cooking spaghetti, I need to branch out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ricky's reaction would have been the same as your hubbys! I bet it was DELICIOUS! I like trying new recipes too.. and Ricky... he'll eat just about anything...once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly that looks awesome, I LOVE Italian, my fav!! Tootles, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one of the good things about my 'X'...he would eat anything you set in front of him...and all the leftovers too...other than that, he was a jerk!!!...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've added polenta to the manor menu. I absolutely love it. It's a delightful change from pasta and potatoes. Yours looks so scrummy!

    ReplyDelete

Someone said comments are the heartbeat of blogs. I love to read your comments and learn so much from every one of you. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.