"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Existing On The Farm


We are having a cool spell with rain - very rare in these parts this time of year.  The greenhouse collapsed last winter and is in the process of a redo; not a very glamorous one I might add.  

I have been sleepy; a nap would keep me awake all night.  Sleepy or an existential crisis?  Am I living or existing?  I'm not sure.  I've been calling it the'troubles'.  A million things to do yet I don't want to do them. Maybe I shouldn't read about Sartre.  Sometimes I can be very impressionable.
By the way, I just finished reading The Goldfinch.  I liked it or I wouldn't have finished it, but found myself skimming it, then having to go back a re-read - not such a good thing.  My summary would be, What? Ten years? Next book in queue is a biography of Suzanne Valadon, artist extraordinaire.
Finally, my kids spend a lot of time on the web (too much if you asked me), but found this joke somewhere.  Though possibly a tad politically incorrect, it did make me grin. Oh those kids.


3 comments:

It's Just Dottie said...

Hey girl...you are as feisty as ever and I love that about you...I like that greenhouse..
Smiles, Dottie

Kirsten Steen said...

Hi Donna, I didn't finish The Goldfinch. Glad to hear you liked it. I'll probably go back and try again at some point. I'm a great starter but not so great a finisher. Always on to the next thing. Hope you're enjoying your summer! Xoxo

La Table De Nana said...

I read the Goldfinch and at one point did what you did!
I did like it though..I think a lot..Anyway it kept me reading..these days most books lose me..not interesting enough..or not deep enough..Just started Ham../Sam Harris..I find it interesting..all short stories so far.Surprised I like it:) It was a Kindle Daily Deal thing.
I like him..so I guess that is why..
Lucky you with a greenhouse:)
Your geraniums are gorgeous.
I think sometimes we are on speed dial and do so much it's crazy.
It's not unusual for August to do to me what it's doing to you.
To me August is the end of the year.