"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Styling At The Farm


If you've read my bio, you know how much I love Zaha Hadid and her designs.  Starchitect extraordinaire, she is a living legend.  Born in Iraq, she is known for her genius (and her suffer no fools personality).  Though known mostly for her architecture, she partnered with Rem Koolhaas to design shoes.  This Nova shoe is pretty incredible.  I can just see me stomping around the barnyard in them.

7 comments:

RachelD said...

Oh. My. I was conjuring how lovely was that vase, and how fantastic it would be on a counter with all my shining steel spatulas and spoons and scoops, ready to hand.

And simply thinking of the toe-squeeze is not fun. But lovely, it is.

r

helen tilston said...

Zaha Hadid us a gifted architect however, I will pass on Zaha's shoe as an item of wardrobe.
Hope you have a wonderful week

Helenxx

donna baker said...

You too Helen. I just thought 'WOW' when I saw it.

donna baker said...

I can't imagine how you'd get it on and off. Wish there was a leg in it.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THAT IS A SHOE???????????? Wow. Now that's art. It makes you THINK and wonder and ask and try and then make the discovery for yourself. I love that.

Donna, you are a treat. Thank you so much for coming by and yep, that's me, the booted dancer! HAVE FUN (and I too love Isabelle de Borchgrave!)

Amanda Summer said...

it's funny but on first glance i thought the photo was of a stack of bangles......tres cool

La Table De Nana said...

I thought exactly like Amanda! Bangles..

:)
Loved your words.