"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Iron & Wine - Time After Time



If I only knew how to add more of his songs to this post.  Sam Beam is a polymath; he can do just about anything.  Writer, musician, film maker.  I'd like to go on and on.  You can watch a tiny desk concert of his at NPR on youtube. Or you can watch other videos of his there.  Or, you can listen to my favorite song of his, Swans And The Swimming.  His new album drops next week.

PS ~ I love his video with the flamenco dancers, something called A Boy With A Coin.  I am agog at those whom are genius at their crafts.

16 comments:

Val said...

That's glorious, Donna. Yes, yes, yes. That song has always been so haunting anyway, but this is a really striking take on it.

donna baker said...

Hi Val. Go to youtube to see some of his own videos and do listen to Swans And The Swimming.

Out on the prairie said...

An enjoyable tune to listen to winding down this afternoon.

Elephant's Child said...

Some people seem to get an unfair allocation in the talent stakes don't they? And how lovely when they share it with the rest of us.

donna baker said...

Make sure and listen to my favorite one of his.

donna baker said...

I still can't figure out how to download Swans And The Swimming to my iTunes library on my iPhone. He sings many songs with some lady named Jesca that are out of this world. I don't know what I'd do without music in my life Child.

Tom Stephenson said...

Right now I get no sound. I will try again later.

Joanne Noragon said...

Yes, lovely.

donna baker said...

Go to youtube Tom. Better there and so much more.

donna baker said...

Glad you liked it Joanne. I love acoustic music and the songs with the lady Jesca are sublime.

La Table De Nana said...

Love♥

donna baker said...

So good Monique. Guess as I've aged I don't like listening to the Stones as much anymore.;)

Michelle said...

Thank you for the new music. I am always on the look out for more!

donna baker said...

Me too Michelle. I downloaded quite a few from iTunes. I think, but not sure, he has something in common with the Avett Brothers.

ellen abbott said...

new router supposed to be faster is too freaking slow so I couldn't listen to it.

donna baker said...

Try youtube Ellen. There are so many great performances of his there. He's a new fav of mine.