"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Garden Ornament


Here is a piece of yard art at the side of the house by my goldfish pond. He has been watching over the place for 15 years now. Got him as an anniversary gift. He's made out of an old Ford truck and is so scary that birds roost on him and have even made nests in his lower jaw. The deer come right past him to feast on my bulbs and pansies.

2 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh now that is funny. I want one.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Well, he certainly LOOKS scary ;)
I would like to have a piece like that, to stand guard at the bottom of the property, close to the woods.
I'm counting the number of trespassers that would take off running, and it makes me smile....