"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chairy And Her Footy Stool

Have you seen the new Chanel bags with patchwork and bric a brac? Kind of like Chairy and her footy stool.
I just love this chair and stool. I saw it at the Tulsa Flea Market years ago and fell in love with it. While some of the patches are upholstery fabric, some of them are from old suits. We bought a house in Tulsa a few years back so we could see more of our girls and grandchildren. Plus, my husband works in Tulsa a couple of days a week. In this house, I try to furnish it with everything old as it was built in the 1930's. Chairy and her footy stool just make me smile.

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

A delightful piece of furniture x two....
it took someone long hours to make that patchwork, and who knows what memories those little pieces of cloth held ?
I have a quilt, made from my husband's grandmothers dresses and aprons. When i study it, I can see Ms. Lily once again wearing her dresses, flour on her cheek from baking the morning buttermilk biscuits...

trash talk said...

Thanks for stopping by to see me. Cat Daddy and I used to come up for the Tulsa Flea Mkt. Always found great stuff! It's such a long drive for us. I have a wonderful quilt something like your rocker. It's called a"britches quilt". The pieces are from old pairs of pants. Very primitive and folk arty. I'll be back to see you. Debbie

Brenda Heisler said...

Very sweet furniture. Looks comfy. I'll be glad when the weather gets better for flea markets here.

Mary-Laure said...

Looks like the kind of chair that Benjy would make his own....... He loves all comfy chairs for his long meditation sessions.