"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS


This serving tray is one of my favorite things. It is fairly old with a nice patina on the brass handles. Of course, the lace dog is why I love it so. Can you imagine trying to tat this piece? It might be crochet. It looks like cotton thread. What do you think they served on it? In bed or atop a table? I just look at it.

4 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

So cute!
I need to buy a tray, by the way...

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Too charming and what a great idea to keep my eyes out for bits of lace or embroidery work to make my own tray!
I'm always inspired when I stop chez toi!
Toma

trash talk said...

You just know that was to serve the preacher tea on when he stopped by! Special occasions, right?
Debbie

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It's just lovely, Donna.
Wouldn't it be cute, if you owned an Airedale Terrier ?
I have a similar piece, but sadly no dog on it.