"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, December 31, 2009

HOPPIN' JOHN

Isn't that the cutest kitchen towel? Here is a recipe for Hoppin' John that is a little different. If you remember, I had to fight the deer last summer for the few bags of blackeyed peas they left behind. I've saved them for just this moment. I did hear that you also had to have collard greens with them, so I had to run out and buy some. I'll just layer them in with the other ingredients. Type in Hoppin' John in upper left corner for the recipe. They are sure to bring good luck in the new year.



7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Looks delicious !
Wishing you a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!Your friendship has been so special, here's to more of the same !
Cheers,
Jo

Joy Tilton said...

Well, I must say your Hoppin John looks delish! I only ate a teaspoon of Mom's when I was a kid, guess I should give it another try! I made some Texas Caviar for us to have as an appetizer tomorrow. Thanks for visiting me at GrannyMountain this year! Wishing you a happy healthy 2010!
joy c.

trash talk said...

I may fix a little cabbage to go with that! I already have the black eye peas ready to go. Have a Happy New Year!
Debbie

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ah yes...Hoppin' John...for a year filled with luck. And straight out of your garden?! I do believe your luck will be tenfold!

Dixie said...

oh my! this has made my mouth water... gonna have to make me some of these! thanks as always for the wonderful delight! hugs. Dixie

BB said...

Don´t know abot the towel.But I´m looking at that plate and I´m feeling reeeeeeeeeealy hungry ! :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

That is the cutest towel. I love chickens...too cute!!!