"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, May 24, 2010

PSST!

Did you ever want to peek in a drawer? I'm always scrounging through drawers in old houses in my dreams. Don't know what that means, but this drawer is full of old locks, thimbles, dog tags, buttons, marbles and the velvet bag is very old. It has a lock of red hair inside it as a remembrance.

The monkey used to have more hair. It is Victorian and moves. The green frog is a snapper toy and there are the various war toys and covered wagons. Some, still in their original packaging: I am always surprised no child played with them. The silver zeppelin lies beside the skull of an egret with a shotgun pellet lodged in it.

There is this and that... an old hygrometer?


Here are some old books and ephemera, namely concert tickets from the seventies to Joni Mitchell and the Rolling Stones and Madonna in the 80's. Look at the oldest wallet I've ever seen. I'll have to open it and show you what's inside at a later date. Now wasn't that fun?



4 comments:

Terri said...

Donna, do not be impressed w new blog. I certainly didn't do it. I won a free makeover from a pro. Now let's see how long it takes me to load pages! :-0

still love ur photos! Will visit soon. Gotta get brother to airport, then more company on Friday!!!!! When can I write?!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no mom, you better come up soon! We're going to have to do a boredom intervention soon! Ha! Love, Cady!

Tess Kincaid said...

Mmm. Yum. A post fit for a magpie!

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

Love this-It reminds me of plundering my GranMa's bureau as she called it-and "Rambling" she called me plundering them. pgt