"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Consort- The Virgin Queen

I went to see a movie tonight called Inception. I don't know how to give it a review other than it is extremely convoluted; much like a jigsaw puzzle. I believe the germ for the movie came from a quote from Edgar Allen Poe that I read years ago. I don't know what story or poem it was from but it goes "is it all that we see or seen, but a dream within a dream." Nevertheless, one of the highlights for me was Tom Hardy. A wonderful English actor, I have seen him in several Brit movies and thought I'd show you a little of his work. This first one is one of my favorites and I recommend you rent or purchase it. It is that good. He play Robert Dudley, the lifelong love of Queen Elizabeth (played by the wonderful Anne Marie Duff).

3 comments:

Cat said...

Sounds like an amazing movie! I am actually reading the Virgin Queen (written in 1st person from Elizabeth's perspective) right now...can't get enough of historical fiction and movies!

xo Cat

Mama said...

Here's a link to the Poe poem: http://oldpoetry.com/opoem/1422-Edgar-Allan-Poe-A-Dream-Within-A-Dream. It's a bit different from his other work, I think. More Shakespearean sounding. The movie sounds interesting. I'm off to watch the clip you shared. Have a good one!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

This was such a magnificent production and she was the perfect Elizabeth, I thought. Also loved that soundtrack!