"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Last Emperor

I watched this movie again today and was just blown away by it. Bernardo Bertolucci's rendition of Pu Yi, the last emperor of China to the Dragon Throne, is just an incredible film. One of the best films of all time in my book. Ryuichi Sakamoto also wrote the score and won an Academy Award for best music. He also played a part in the movie. The following clip with the Chinese musicians is hauntingly beautiful.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never seen this movie. How did I miss it. I will remedy that! Thank you.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hey Donna, to answer your question, the blog button allows other bloggers to grab your site button and paste on theirs. A friend created it for me. I think you also inquired about adding links? It's listed under gadgets, you just have to have everyone's address written down to add to the list or at least copy the address and then paste it in. Hope this helps.

ain't for city gals said...

Don't you just love it when you watch a movie for the second time and it is even better than the first?...this was definitely one of those movies...I even watched ShoGun all over again recently...and that was on VHS but still good!

Mary-Laure said...

Ah yes, the passages when the former emperor is made to write his self-criticism and to march on the street are really heart wrenching.....

Cobalt Violet said...

I have always wanted to see this movie and always forgot when I'd go to the video store! I am putting it my Netflix queue right now!
And that music is so beautiful ... might also have to make a little trip to iTunes!

Thanks!