"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

excerpt from "Cherry Blossoms" (2008)

One of the final scenes from CHERRY BLOSSOMS. (You must read previous post to make sense of this post). On the last morning of Rudi's life, in his wife's kimono, he readies himself and walks to the lake near Mr Fuji. Here, he begins his butoh dance to honor his dead wife, who then joins him for this last dance. There are a few more scenes, but the last two are so diverse; say so much about life - one's own life as opposed to how others' view it. I want you to watch this film so I won't tell more except that CHERRY BLOSSOMS is about the interplay between fulfillment and regret; happiness and sorrow. The use of the cherry blossoms symbolized beauty, impermanence and new beginnings. You just have to see this beautiful film.

1 comment:

A Wild Thing said...

I'm going straight away to netflix and ordering it...I love the Japanese opera, but feel sadness every time I think of their poor countrymen and this disaster and what it's doing to the world...

I cracked up at the names Cluckingham Palace & Poulet Chalet...girl, what a hoot. When me and THE MAN had chickens, we got the name plate off an old trailer, it said HILTON, so we always called the coop the Hen Hilton.

Though the chicks are still in their tupperware container on top of the washer, I think if it gets in the 70's this weekend, I may empty the nest(my kitchen)...it gets a little rangy if you don't clean it every other day...ha! But what fun walking into the room and watching them from afar.

Have fun with your new babies. The Amish built mine for $575.00, using my doors and windows...I told them I wanted it the size of a one-holer...they laugh now when they see me coming.

I don't ask for much in this life, just contentment...listening to the frogs in the spring, sitting in the rocker on the porch and listening to the squawk of a newly laid
egg, don't get much better'n that!!!

s