"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Monday, March 4, 2013

Ashes and Snow



I got this dvd for Christmas.  I knew it was about interactions between humans and animals.  Performance art?  Someone's dreams?  A zen-like koan?  I don't know.  But you need to watch this.  A bit of heaven on earth.

1 comment:

Cobalt Violet said...

LOVE Ashes and Snow. I was so lucky to see the big exhibition of photographs and films when it was in Santa Monica years ago. I hope it tours again. There was something very magical and meditative about it. The light was dim and these huge photos hung down over paths of river rock (I think this was how it was ... it's how I remember it!) then the films were on these huge screens ... You can see the photos on his website if you google him. Amazing. You felt like you were in another world.