"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Merry May


How has the merry month of May passed so quickly?  Perhaps it was all the chores outside preparing the garden beds, planting and cleaning up.  So much to do that there is little time to enjoy anything else.  Don't know the answer for that or maybe I do.  Hire a couple of gardeners or let it grow wild.  I know that answer to that.  I'll be crawling about the gardens before it's over.

"I found a strawberry blossom in a rock.  I uprooted it rashly and felt as if I had been committing an outrage, so I planted it again."   Dorothy Wordsworth
So me.


9 comments:

Julia said...

Que bonito post, me he paseado por tu bloc y ha estado un regalo visitarlo, te invito a ver el mio, “ Pintar es muy divertido. Constituye una delicia observar y exprimir los colores. Espero tu visita y si no eres seguidora me encantarías que te hicieras y así compartir nuestros blocs. Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

donna baker said...

I love your painting post, Julia. So interesting.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful lily pads, I've never had one to bloom.
Knowing you dear friend, you'll be rolling your sleeves up and getting dirty, up to your elbows.
~Jo

La Table De Nana said...

Love getting in the garden..changes every minute these days!

Cobalt Violet said...

Lovely the lily pads and lotus flowers!
I can't believe how May flew either! What happened?!
It seems June is going to be crazy busy so I guess it will be July in a flash!
Hope you are enjoying your garden. I am still hoping that I have one, someday!

jerilanders said...

May should be 60 days long... we need more time to do all those chores before the heat arrives! Oh dear, it's here already. I have a nice little grouping of lily-pads in our frog pond , but the frogs skedaddled and headed for the creek. You asked about the mothering qualities of the peahen: she is marvelous! No other bird dare get too near those chicks, or else! She been taking them all around the side yard today in search of bugs. They are just darling.

Willow said...

Ha I feel the same way Donna where on Earth did the merry merry month of May fly by to !

weekend et coup de brosse said...

Nice post ! Have a nice day !
Cath

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Donna - I am with you - so busy the month of May that I didn't get as much time to sit and just enjoy the fact winter was gone and June is shaping up to starting its rush as well. Love that quote about the strawberry - that is so me as well....too sad to let a living thing die...just have to find another home (smiling)! Have a great week.