"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Teeny Thanksgiving Apples


I saw the cutest things ever at the store.  Teeny organic Crimson Gold apples.  Grown in a micro-climate in the Cuyama Valley near Santa Barbara, CA, they are the perfect size for tiny caramel apples for Thanksgiving.  The grandkids will love them.  
This is the first year of not cooking Thanksgiving and I am thrilled.  Middle daughter is doing it at her house.  All I have to bring is homemade cranberry sauce and baked macaroni and cheese.  And, these little jewels.  Being that the plate is a butter pat, the largest apple in the bunch is the size of a small hen's eggs and the smallest maybe a nickel. 


Love to all my friends out there and have a happy Thanksgiving!

18 comments:

Bea said...

I will be on the look out for these wee ones at the store. Gobble! Gobble! And enjoy Turkey Day. x

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We must both be thankful we survived 2018 <3

Anonymous said...

You too sweet Bea.

Anonymous said...

Happy day to you too Suzan. Much to give thanks for.

angryparsnip said...

The apples are so cute !
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

cheers, parsnip and badger

ellen abbott said...

so cute! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Elephant's Child said...

Those teeny weeny apples epitomise cuteness. Happy Thanksgiving.

Joanne Noragon said...

Caramelized apples are new to me. They are tiny jewels. I do know baked mac and cheese. That's the only way my mother, my sister, I made it. How I can recall its flavor travelling around my mouth. My current cook has despised baked mac and cheese her entire 16 years, it transpires. Our mac and cheese is mac in a cheese sauce. The first time I had it was like being pole axed. However, it beats going hungry. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

You too Gayle!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Those apples look sheer delight Donna, I would love to taste one.
Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

They were a hit with the littles Ellen. Hope yours' was a great one too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear Child.

Anonymous said...

Joanne, don't tell me you never went to a carnival in your youth? Or made caramel apples for Halloween? My in-laws preferred a box of Kraft mac and cheese. Take good care dear. Friends are the best.

Anonymous said...

I didn't eat one but the little ones enjoyed them. Thank you. Thanksgiving is the unofficial start to the holidays. They were all excited.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

The apples are pefect .... I love anything mini !!! I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely .... now you have Christmas to look forward to. XXXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie, I too love anything mini. Must be there wasn't that much around when we were young. I always read your blog though I can't comment. I am hoping one day blogger will fix the problem.

Amanda Summer said...

Caramel apples are usually over the top in size - this mini is just right.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda. What's happening? Miss your posts. Hope you are having a good time/experiences. I do think of you too.