"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Animal Love




This is a little corner in my house that is all things dogs and cats. I am an animal lover to put it mildly. All kinds of animals; doesn't matter what kind. I think I must have been an animal in a previous life. My kids call me the animal whisperer. I just seem to know somehow what they are feeling and thinking. No kidding. I'm not afraid of anything, except maybe monster waves and large sharks. But animals I have no fear of. Maybe they sense that. I've noticed I smile the most around animals. Does this make me a misanthrope? I don't know. I just know that animals make me happy.


1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We are akin, I have always had a deep rooted love for animals, which in turn led me to my career in Veterinary medicine, for some thirty years.
One day I hope to open a santuary. It truly breaks my heart to see old and used up pets, thrown out on the streets because they are no longer convenient.
Some day.....
I love your little antique figurines !