"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Goldfish Love

Here are a few of the goldfish that inhabit my goldfish pond. I have been cleaning it out as of late. The cottonmouth water moccasins haven't come out from their hibernation yet, so I have been dredging the bottom for leaves and oxygenators, et al. I even had to get in the pond. Luckily, the water was so cold my legs became numb. Anyway, these goldfish are too cute. They come to the edge of the pond when I walk up to it, wiggling their tails; just swarm around the edge. I would swear they know me, wait for me, but for the fact that I feed them fish flakes.

2 comments:

CocoDivaDog said...

I wish I had enough land for a pond full of big fat goldfish, or even koi (are they the same?).
It's relaxing if not downright hypnotic to watch them.
Lucky you.
Thanks for the share.

donna baker said...

Koi get much larger and destroy any plant life you have in your pond. Don't tell them, but they seem much dumber than the goldfish. They are beautiful though.