"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Aquarium of Sorts

This is one of my favorite finds. It is a fish bowl holder for lack of a better name. I have had a betta in it before and a goldfish in another bowl. I have a green fish bowl that goes very nicely with the piece, but you can't see the fish swimming around in it which defeats the purpose. I love the way the children are looking down at it. I have another one like it only it is terracotta. The two children are fishing over the bowl. The terracotta holder is much older than this one and had a fountain coming up the back of it. I was going to turn it into a fishbowl lamp, but like many of my projects, it ended up being difficult, as I am having a hard time trying to wire it for electricity. Right now, no little fishies, but I might just try again.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It looks like an antique piece, so cute.

CocoDivaDog said...

Hey Girl,
You left a comment on my blog about stitchin' up the chickens, so I flew over here.
I've been here before!!!
How are you doing?
I wish I had a fish bowl holder like your's.
Hope you will put another betta in there.
They're great little fish.
Right now I have 7 little tetras in my aquarium at work. The students love it.