"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Japanese Maples

Just a pic to share the last Weeping Japanese Maple leaves of 2009. If you want the biggest bang for your buck where color is concerned, Japanese maples give all that and more. This tree is planted next to my goldfish pond and in fact hangs over it now. I think this is an acer palmatum but these maples come in many forms and sizes such as the weeping and upright and have quite different shaped leaves. The leaves changes many different colors from spring to fall.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

One of my all time favorite trees !
Slow growing,and such beautiful foliage.
I remember when I worked at the landscaping company they were quite expensive, but worth every penny.

trash talk said...

My absolute favorite small tree. A little hard to grow here in North Texas, but oh so worth the work!
Debbie