"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

EVENING STAR


Though not really a star, the evening star is usually a planet, visible just before dark, during the gloaming or in the east just before sunrise. This is Venus watching the Moon. When I was a young Camp Fire Girl, we used to sit around a summer campfire and sing this song.
Tell me why
the stars do shine.
Tell me why
the ivy twines.
Tell me why
the ocean's blue.
And I will tell you
just why I love you...
Photo by NASA

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful photo. Nothing like a campfire. My husband built one in our garden and when he died and we sold the farm, my son took every part of the campfire and transported it to their house in town. We still like to sit around and toast marshmallows.

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh that is a great photo. Hey my oldest was a Wohelo!

Tess Kincaid said...

Wonderful photo!

Star light, star bright
first star I see tonight.
I wish I may
I wish I might
have this dream
I wish tonight.

Sunny said...

I really like this picture, it has a certain mysteriousness about it.
☼ Sunny

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

Spectacular photo!

mermaid gallery said...

the colors are enchanting...very serene....I love knowing that is Venus too.....

Cobalt Violet said...

Lovely ... I was a girl scout. My favorite thing was camping out. :)

tracy said...

I don't remember you at Camp C'Andy, but one of our favorite things to do as we got older was to hike to the graveyard. Your picture reminds me of that time.