"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Friday, January 10, 2020

A New Year


Hello friends. It has been so long, I am having to re-learn how to do this. 

The days are flying by. How does this happen? 

I don't like to look back. Try to live in the present. Last year, I wrote another novel. Spent nearly the whole year writing, editing, re-writing and on and on. Trying to find an agent with all that it entails. It is more than this aging brain can do and it's a whole new day in publishing.  I can't even do all that is required on computers to submit. It is boring so I won't go on. I am beginning to start a sequel or another one I want to write. I just need to get started. I really need an assistant to help with all the queries, etc., but don't want to pay for it.

Hope the new year is a good one. My little weenie girls are still with me. My sister is still with me.  I lost my brother in July. He was homeless and alone. My heart was broken for Todd. He was only 52.
My grandbabies are growing and changing so fast. Carson just turned two, Thora three, Penny will be five next month. Bella is 12 and taller than me. They are so much more grown-up at twelve now. And, Oliver is 10. All so sweet and innocent.

I do check in from time to time on your posts and think fondly of you. Here's to 2020.


PS ~ what's the new blogger?



8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Welcome back - you have been missed. Congratulations on your writing - and good luck with the writing/publishing journey.
I am sorry you lost your brother, and glad that the rest of the family is thriving.
I haven't yet explored new blogger. I am a firm believer in not fixing things until they break.

ellen abbott said...

hey Donna, yes, welcome back.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ooh Donna, I can't tell you how happy I was to see your name pop up on my blogger reading list, long time no see dear friend !
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your brother, and at such a young age. God rest his soul.
Your family sounds healthy and happy and thriving, and you still have your precious fur babies, how splendid.
Congratulations on your writing and wishing you the best of luck with the publishing end of it all.
Not even looked at the New Blogger, I'm fine with the old stuff :)
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year, and look forward to more pop-ins this year.
Hugs,
~Jo
x

Joanne Noragon said...

Don't worry about New Blogger, Donna. Click on it and it changes you to new blogger. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, toggle back. Personally, I hate new blogger.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Welcome back! Congratulations on finishing your book - quite an accomplishment. I hope you are able to figure out the next steps. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. -Jenn

Bea said...

Good to read a post from you. Would that all the news were positive, but that wouldn't be life, I suppose.

xx Bea

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Welcome back Many of us still around. Stay awhile. I am sorry to hear of your brother's struggles and his loss to your family.

racheld said...

Hello, DONNA!! I'm so glad to hear from you at last---seems we both put on our incognito shoes at once, and wandered away into the intersphere. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother, and know that your fond memories outweigh all the worry and sorrow of his leaving. I'm also happy to hear of your accomplishment---such a laborious, fulfilling task---and wish I were close enough to help. I proof pretty good, but would NEVER presume to edit anyone's words---they seem such sacred things, and it feels as if you're re-arranging their desk or their bedside table to your OWN perspective and taste. Chris is awaiting my presence for a program we keep up with, so will say HELLLLOOOO and save the BYE for another time. So glad to have you back in circulation, and if you're ever up for e-mail:
jrbjack42@gmail.com I lost access to ALL my former e-mail and blog a couple of years ago. Hope to gain entrance to the old stuff and places soon. r