"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may." Robert Herrick

Hello Friends!

Friends, Romans, countrymen...y'all. Foodies, gardeners, artists and collectors - let's gather together to share and possibly learn a thing or two in the mix.

Donna Baker

Thursday, June 25, 2020

And So It Goes



I am -- pickling, writing, watering my flowers, planting, and harvesting, binge-watching Netflix, taking hubby to doctor, and generally waiting out the virus, which is getting worse in my state. 

I finished my third novel and now the re-writes ad nauseam, queries, synopses, and everything that goes with it. My sister asked why I do this to myself and I have no answer. 

 I do think of each and every one of you and binge read your posts. I don't think I understand how the new blogger will work and I am prevented commenting on your posts. I don't think it will even let me answer your comments. I hope I can find all my blog posts and pictures after the changes go into effect.  Love to all out there. Donna

11 comments:

Share my Garden said...

How good to have a post from you, Donna. The pickles look good and I'm wanting to know when I can read your novels. We both live in countries that have not handled this virus well, foolish leaders, poor government decisions, general incompetence. Keep safe and hope for better times to come.

Elephant's Child said...

It is lovely to see a post from your busy and productive self. Really lovely.
I am about to dip my toes into the new blogger waters - and dreading it.
Stay well, stay safe.

Joanne Noragon said...

How nice to see you. Do keep at the new blogger. It really is old blogger with big buttons.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi! I checked in on you a while back.. Glad to know you're good. Commenting is already a problem with blogger. What do they have in mind? ALl success with your writing! I won't have a thing to show for being homebound.

Mary said...

Glad to see you here again Donna and to know all is well.
Hope your hubby is doing well - and all your family.

New Blogger needs a lot of fine turning! They should have done that first. I'm using it but find responses are often taking longer - such as uploading photos - and the commenting process is ridiculous. I needed a lot of help from friends to get up to speed - well not really speed as it takes me much longer to write/design a post now! Hopefully you will give it a try and come back here more often.

You have been missed. Stay well, be strong. . . . life is much different now.
Hugs - Mary

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

It was nice seeing a post from you. New blogger isn't as daunting as you may think. You'll catch on! Pickling is a very good way to spend your time. -Jenn

The Weaver of Grass said...

You can of course stay with old blogger if you choose to - I think the prompt is in the bottom left hand corner. I am trying to stay with the new but time will tell.

Rachel Phillips said...

There is nothing wrong with new blogger. It is easy to use and within minutes you will not know you are using anything else. Mostly it is the same. There is a lot of nonsense being talked about it. Ignore. If you can write a book you can use new blogger.

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

Nice to see a post from you Donna. Stay well!

ellen abbott said...

nice to see you. I hope so too.

donna baker said...

Wonderful to hear from you. I know that most of you are a wiz at the computer, in fact, I'm sure I am the worst of the lot. They'll have to drag me kicking and screaming down a new blog path. I will keep in touch one way or the other.